Monday, August 13, 2018

Who wants to spend time with God?


Read Psalm 15.

Imagine being invited to a place where the LORD lives simply to enjoy time with Him.  Some would not respond to the invitation.  Some would go but feel a bit awkward.  Others would drop what they were doing to spend time with their best friend...and not want to leave.

David queried as to who could live in the presence of God.

Then, David made a check list for self-evaluation.
1. What I do.
Do I behave in a way that pleases Him throughout the day?

2. What I say.
Do I always tell the truth?  Does my vocabulary and content please Him?

3. How I treat people.
Do I help other people and do what is right by them?

4. How I fulfill my promises.
Do I do what I promised no matter what?

5. How I respond to those in need.
Do I try to take advantage of others?

6. How I handle my business.
Do I deal with others in total honesty?  Is my character for sale?

The invitation to spend time with God is available to all.  His door is always open.
"The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry." (Psalm 34:15)

Sin causes us to feel distant from God.  Coming into His presence requires confession of what is wrong and receiving His gracious forgiveness.


No comments:

Post a Comment