Tuesday, August 14, 2018

What difference does it make if I trust in God?


Read Psalm 16.

Does faith in God make any difference in a person's daily life?  King David provided an analysis of the difference his trust in the LORD made both in the present and in his future.

1. "...in you I take refuge." (v.1)
When life became tough, God was there as a place of safety and comfort.

2. "I have no good apart from you." (v.2)
When everything around him looked bad and even his own sin bothered him, he turned to the LORD for His forgiveness and goodness.

3. "As for the saints...in whom is all my delight." (vv.3-4)
He loved to be with others who also trusted in God.  The mutual fellowship encouraged him.  While those who chose to place their trust in falsehoods only multiplied their sorrows in life.

4. "The LORD...you hold my lot." (v.5)
He recognized that the sovereign hand of God ultimately controlled what he received in this life.

5. "I have a beautiful inheritance." (v.6)
With God in control, his future provisions were secure.

6. "I bless the LORD who gives me counsel." (v.7)
As he meditated on upcoming decisions, he listened for God to guide his thoughts.

7. "I have set the LORD always before me."
He did not keep God compartmentalized at his place of worship.  God's presence was always in the forefront of his thinking.

8. "My heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure." (vv.9-10)
Inside and out- heart, soul and body-was upbeat because his eternity was secured by his faith in the promises of God.

9. "...life...fullness of joy...pleasures forevermore." (v.11)
All this was his as a result of his personal relationship with the LORD.

Who would not want such a life as this?

No comments:

Post a Comment