Monday, January 9, 2012

Praying Over Problems

Read Genesis 18.

This chapter is filled with insights on several key issues.

Angels.  Notice that the two angels appeared as men, not with glowing auras, and not with wings.  This is consistent with all other appearances of angels in the scriptures.  By the way, verse one says "the LORD appeared to him."  This would indicate another preincarnate appearance of Jesus.

Fathers.  Verse 19 is a great statement for dads to live up to.

Intercessory prayer.  Was God allowing Abraham to negotiate the souls of these people?  No.  God already knew what He was going to do.  But Abraham did not.  One result in earnest prayer is surrendering our wills to what God wants done in the area of our requests.

In every Bible I have ever owned, I have underlined verse 14: "Is anything too hard for the LORD?"  The answer is obvious.  The problems I face are not due to God's inability to solve them.  Most often, it is my ability to know His perspective on the issue and attune my heart with His.  Trusting Him at level is called faith.  Putting what I know He wants done is called obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment