Wednesday, December 21, 2011

And God Created Man

Read Genesis chapter 2.

Notice the words "finished", "finished", "blessed", "holy", "rested", "done."

God created a man, not a baby, not a hybrid of other creatures, not a humanoid.  He put the man in a garden "to work it and keep it".  According to verse 19, the man was intelligent, discerning, able to speak with an extensive vocabulary, and understood the world around him. 

The first negative in the Bible appears in verse 18 when God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone."  God's plan to satisfy Adam's aloneness was to make a woman from the man.  The stated purpose was to be a completer, a companion and partner in procreation. 

This entire account blows the mind in trying comprehend its reality.  Rackham Holt in his book, quotes George Washington Carver, the scientist who developed hundreds of uses for the peanut: "When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.'  But God answered, 'That knowledge is reserved for me alone.'  So, I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.'  Then God said, 'Well, George, that's more nearly your size.'"  Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment