Tuesday, September 18, 2018

God is talking. Listen in.


Read Psalm 50.

All day long, God is speaking.  He is not silent.  What is He saying? (vv.1-4)

1. Concerning the Owner (vv.5-11)
Everything belongs to Me.  What you are offering to Me is only what I gave you.

2. Concerning the Offering (vv.12-15)
I am self-sufficient.  I do not need anything.
What I want from you are expressions of your appreciation and thanks.  Then, your offerings will mean something and your prayers will be answered.

3. Concerning the Others (vv.16-21)
Because of your rejection of Me and your sinful behavior, you have no rights.  Therefore, I rebuke you and charge you in judgment.

4. Concerning the Options (vv.22-23)
If you continue to disregard Me, there is only severe and eternal punishment waiting.
If you choose to live a life of thanksgiving to Me for who I AM and what I have done, there is eternal deliverance for you.

Are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment