Monday, February 14, 2022

God is talking. Listen in.

 Read Psalm 50. 

All day long, God is speaking.  He is not silent.  The message of this Psalm is clear, blunt, and firm.  

What is He saying? (vv.1-4) 

1. Concerning the Owner (vv.5-11)

Everything belongs to Me.  What you are offering to Me is only what I gave you. 

2. Concerning the Offering (vv.12-15)

I am self-sufficient.  I do not need anything.

What I want from you are expressions of your appreciation and thanks.  Then, your offerings will mean something and your prayers will be answered. 

3. Concerning the Others (vv.16-21)

Because of your rejection of Me and your sinful behavior, you have no rights.  Therefore, I rebuke you and charge you in judgment. 

4. Concerning the Options (vv.22-23)

If you continue to disregard Me, there is only severe and eternal punishment waiting.

If you choose to live a life of thanksgiving to Me for who I AM and what I have done, there is eternal deliverance for you. 

Are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment