Monday, December 3, 2018

Turning affection into Actions


Read Psalm 116.

Bill Gaither wrote the beautiful song:
"So many reasons why I love the Lord.
So many reasons I can't count them."

One reason this psalmist sang that he loved the LORD was because He answered his prayers.  In a very personal exchange with the God of heaven, he discovered that the LORD is gracious, righteous and merciful.  It changed his life.  His affection for God turned into actions.  Notice how many times the words "I will" appear.
1. I will continue to call on God. (v.2)
2. I will live a life that pleases God. (v.9)
3. I will praise God for His deliverance. (v.13)
4. I will pay what I promised. (v.14, vv.18-19)
5. I will give thanks in prayer as a sacrifice. (v.17)

Don't miss one of the most life-changing questions in the entire Bible in verse 12.  It is a question that should motivate every believer throughout every day.  It should cause us to check our own list of "I wills".

"What shall I render to the LORD for all his benefits to me?"


No comments:

Post a Comment