Saturday, December 22, 2018

A crying response to the Scriptures


Read Psalm 119:129-136.

Pe

How many different ways can the love of God's Word be expressed?  In this seventeenth stanza, we are told the Scriptures are full of wonder, helping us to understand life, and providing stability.

The psalmist longed for what God had to say.  He ran to it, panting for more.  But while he experienced such a relationship with the LORD and all His benefits, his heart was broken for others.

"My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep your law." (v.136)

One of burdens a committed follower of Christ carries is for those who are estranged from God.  They do not know the joy of forgiveness, of personal fellowship with the LORD, and have the assurance of eternal life.

The Apostle Paul carried this brokenness for his countrymen.  "...I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.  For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh." (Romans 9:2-3)

Praying for specific people to come to know the Savior is a natural response to our love for God's Word.

Whom are you praying for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment