Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A Life of Integrity


Read Job 27.

Integrity, according to Webster's Dictionary is "the quality or state of being complete; wholeness; entireness; unbroken state...honesty and sincerity."  Integrity is when thoughts, words and behaviors are consistent.  When those do not match up, there is incongruity or hypocrisy.

Job defends himself in this chapter with some of his strongest personal statements.
"...til I die I will not put away my integrity."
"I hold fast my righteousness and will not let it go;"
"My heart does not reproach me for any of my days."
His conscience was clear as a result of a consistent life.

Two bedrocks of integrity:
1.  Job committed himself to God.
"Though he slay me, I will hope in him." (13:15)

2. Job committed himself to God's word.
"I have not denied the words of the Holy One." (6:10)

In order for one to live a life of integrity there must be an absolute commitment to a group of core values. Without such a commitment one will be a slave to their own weaknesses and/or the culture around them.  This requires discipline to read, study and put God's word into practice.  But the outcome is a life of honor.

Acts 24:16-"So I always take pains to have a clear conscience toward both God and man."

No comments:

Post a Comment