Friday, January 17, 2014

What a fully devoted follower looks Like

Read Psalm 119:57-64.

Heth

How important is the Bible to your daily life?  If you did  not have access to the Scriptures would it make a difference in how you lived each day?   If the LORD were to remove His presence, would you notice?

In this eighth stanza of Psalm 119, note how pervasive the Word of God is to the psalmist.

1. My portion, or lot in life, is my relationship with God and keeping His Word. (v.57)
2. My heart is set to seek God's favor. (v.58)
3. My feet, the places I go and the direction I am headed in life, are in alignment with the God's Word. (v.59)
4. My priorities are to immediately obey God's Word. (v.60)
5. My perspective in life is drawn from the Scriptures and not the culture around me. (v.61)
6. My attitude is full of non-stop praise for what God has done for me. (v.62)
7. My influencers in life are those who honor God and His Word. (v.63)
8. My learning about God's love and faithfulness is constant just by looking all around me. (v.64)

Being a fully devoted follower of Christ is not a sometime thing.  It is life itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment