Wednesday, November 27, 2013

When trouble troubles You

Read Psalm 91.

Dr. Lee Roberson preached a powerful sermon on the subject of trouble.
1. Trouble energizes.  We are lazy.  It stirs us to action.
2. Trouble clarifies.  It gives us vision.
3. Trouble magnifies our weaknesses in light of the power of God.

This psalm encourages believers that we have no cause for fear, no dread of harm, when trouble comes our way.  For those who place their faith in God, He is our shelter, shadow over us, refuge, fortress, cover, shield, buckler, dwelling place...
And, if that were not enough, "He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways" (v.11)

How does the LORD respond to those who trust Him in times of trouble? (vv.14-16)
1. I will deliver him
2. I will protect him
3. I will answer him
4. I will be with him
5. I will rescue him
6. I will honor him
7. I will show him my salvation
Seven quotes from God Himself.  We need nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment