Friday, November 2, 2012

How personal is the God of Heaven?

Read 2 Samuel 22.

This is one of the Psalms (songs) not in the book of Psalms.  God had delivered David and he could not help but sing.  He wrote this so others could join in and sing with him about who God is and what He has done.

Notice how personal the LORD is to him in just the opening verses.
-my rock
-my fortress
-my God
-my rock
-in whom I take refuge
-my shield
-the horn of my salvation
-my stronghold
-my refuge
-my savior
-you save me from violence
-I call upon the LORD
-I am saved

The God of heaven is interested and involved in every detail of our lives.  He wants us to run to Him and find safety, deliverance, and comfort.

"The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation." (v.47)

No comments:

Post a Comment